Life is like a Tetris – the more you mess up, the more efforts are required to fix up the issues.
But, what is more important is how you handle the next level?
Everything you go through, grows you.
Our mindset is what separates the best from the rest. So, when you mess it up, own it, learn from it and improve upon.
Don’t let your mistakes, ruin your entire life.
Uncertainties are a part of life which keeps popping up when we least expect them. What’s more important is how we react to them.
The easiest ways are to give up, seek blames, cry for pity, but those who are determined to stay strong and work for it, the coin has the other side too.
During rough times, when you really want to disappear from the current situation, your inner being wants to voice out the opposite. You need to be found, to stand upright and convey that I can still do it.
And you surely can.
Yes It will take more time than you expected and much more efforts for sure. But it will.
And a firm belief in yourself and a right attitude towards fixing life better this time is all you need.
Never hide or go into your shell, step out and face it.
After every sunset there comes a bright shining rising sun embracing new hopes and new opportunities. So get up and show up.
Having a positive attitude towards “wretched times” is all what is needed.
A resolute mind does the magic always.
Here are few ways on how to have a happy attitude during hardships.
- Use positive words. Remind yourself everyday, to keep up the right attitude with right words. Avoid thinking negative all the time. Say words like, “there is a solution”, “I will find a way”. What’s on your mind becomes what’s in your life. So think the thoughts you want to see. Be mindful of self talk, this is how you converse with the world. Your mind will always believe what you will feed it with. Feed it with faith.
- Breathe in the relaxation and breathe out the tension. Your dreams do not have an expiry date, so take a deep breath and let go of what holds you back. The art of breathing right gives you wisdom, strength and courage. Don’t stress about the closed doors behind you. New doors will open if you keep moving forward.
- Recognise a change. Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong. Never settle for what your heart doesn’t agree to. When you know you aren’t happy, admit it and take action. Don’t keep on living in a cage with a door with open. When your heart is numb towards something, don’t force yourself to feel it. The cave you fear to enter may holds a treasure for you.
- Don’t let fear of the unknown stop you from growing. It’s alright to know that you can start late, look different, be uncertain and still succeed. Create a new address for you – outside your comfort zone. Life is all about how you handle PLAN B.
- Stay in a “good” company. No matter how good you are people will judge you according to their mood. So, it is very important to surround yourself with who make you feel hungry for life, touches your soul and nourishes your heart. Hang out with the ones who force you to level up. You cannot expect to see positive change in your life if you surround yourself with negative ones.
- Be a warrior not a worrier. You cannot master the rest of your life in just one day. Relax. Just conquer the day. and keep doing that everyday. Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, focus on what could go right.
- Believe in yourself. A great future does not require a great past. So, don’t let your past mistakes define you. You are not too old, and its not too late. Whenever you fear of how far you could go, always remember, how far you have come, what all you faced, all the battles you have won and the person you have become. Don’t give up on the person you are becoming. A winner was once a dreamer so believe in your dreams and believe in yourself.
The above 7 attributes are the must haves to banish anxiety during rough times. pair them up with the below add-ons for a purposeful life.
(a) Give your mind some book reading. A book is a dream you hold in your hand. All the great leaders are readers. Reading a good book creates a magic. It takes you to a place unknown where you meet your inner soul. Reading books makes you better, it makes you think. Books not only has pages and words but also it conveys hopes, dreams and possibilities to life.
(b) Take a nature walk. With every walk with nature, you receive more than what you seek.The human spirit needs a place where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of a man. Nourish your mind, body and soul with a walk everyday. Staying indoors with the same stuck situation never helps. Go out and refresh yourself. Nature offers a remedy to a troubled mind. Study also suggests that, talking everyday for just 30 minutes gives a boost to your brain and magnifies your happiness quotient. Spending time with nature has a healing power.
(c) Listen to music. Music exists to speak the words we can’t express. Music heals. Music can really patch up the holes. It helps you escape your present state for a time being and helps you bounce back with a refreshed mind. Music can change lives, it energizes you. Whatever a day might throw at you, music has the power to elevate the mood and revitalize the soul. Music gives wings to the mind and flight to the imagination. It makes you self expressive and creative.
And Here’s the last step,
If you are persistent you will get it. If you are consistent you will keep it. Period.
The best way is , to put this into practice and actually stick with it, everyday.
At the end of the day you can either focus on what’s tearing you apart or concentrate on what’s holding you together.
Very little is needed to make a happy life and It’s all within us, the way we think !
What do you mostly press on?
Share in comments, what keeps you going through the rough waters?