Life isn’t just about being alive, it’s more about living a purposeful life.
If you are comfortable with a paradigm of life where everyday looks like : Wake up – Work – Rest – Repeat, then don’t divert your mind to bigger things in life and hit exit from this post.
However, If you feel overwhelmed trying to connect with your desires and wanting to experience the excitement from the things that matter then It’s time to become who you were really meant to be.
Why is it important to live a Purposeful Life?
- It gives you a clear Perspective of your life.
- You will be able to Focus on what matters you the most.
- It works like a Magic Wand in discovering your true potential
- It paves the way to to Unlock your Passion for life.
- You will be able to Shape your decisions, thoughts and actions fruitfully.
When was the last time you actually thrived? Fixing your life on autopilot won’t help you experience your life’s full potential.
Our desires and dreams get buried if we do not pay attention to them.
Having a fulfilled life requires knowing yourself better and taking action.
I have created a list of questions for you to discover your true self.
Answering these questions will help you in achieving happiness, let you discover your inner being and provide you an insight to get where you should be.
You will go from Surviving to Thriving life once you probe yourself with these simple yet meaningful interrogation.
So grab a journal or a paper and start your journey to self discovery.
Do not rationalise your answer with statements and reasoning.
It’s your Present You versus your Wishful You.
Here is the list of 20 questions for you. Answer them with complete honesty and discover what brings meaning to your life.
- What are the top three things you love about yourself?
- What do you like to do the most? And how do you spend your free time?
- What is one obstacle that you have overcome in the past one year?
- If you could live anywhere else in the world, where it would be and why?
- What is your dream job? And is it attainable?
- If money was not the objective, then what would you do for the rest of your life?
- List three things you want to accomplish this year?
- If you could eliminate one bad habit what would it be and why?
- Have you ever pursued your hobby(s)?
- Define your regular perfect day?
- What are you most afraid of?
- Do you feel something is missing in your life? If yes, what?
- What do you want to be known for?
- What brings you most joy in life?
- What is something that you do now, that you never thought you would?
- What is holding you back from achieving what you truly desire?
- List three things that add meaning to your life?
- What steps do you take to achieve goals in life?
- Does your habits or routine hinder you from reaching your goals? What steps are you taking to improve?
- What advice will you give to your Younger self?
Did you answer all? If you did, I hope you might have gained some new insights about your dreams, passions and goals and you might want to reconsider your life all over again.
I am keen to hear from you, do share your feedback about this Self discovery exercise in comments or write a message here.
P.S. Share it with your loved ones and help them too to start living the life they always dreamt of.